Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cut off point for booking on a course?
- You can book a place on the course up until the day before the course starts, depending on the method of payment.
How can I pay for my place on a course?
- The WorldPay and PayPal systems allow you to pay using either a debit card, credit card. Payment can also be made using a PayPal account by selecting the PayPal option.
How will I know if I am booked onto a course?
- After submitting your request to enrol on a course, you will receive an automated email confirmation that your booking has been received.
- Please ensure all your details, particularly your email address are correct before submitting your request. If your details are incorrect, you may not receive your confirmation.
- If you do not receive an automated confirmation please contact the County Sports Partnership in the area where the course is taking place. For example if the course is taking place in Easington, County Durham, you will need to contact County Durham Sport.
County Durham Sport: 0191 372 9115 / www.countydurhamsport.com
Northumberland Sport: 01670 623517 / www.northumberlandsport.co.uk
Tees Valley Sport: 01642 342287 / www.teesvalleysport.co.uk
Tyne & Wear Sport: 0191 497 2320 / www.tynewearsport.org
Where can I find more information about the venue?
- To find more information on course venues, you will need to contact the County Sports Partnership in the area where the course is taking place. For example if the course is taking place in Easington, County Durham, you will need to contact County Durham Sport. Contact information can be found above.
What do I need to take with me?
- If you are attending a generic course such as first aid or safeguarding and protecting children, you will receive an accompanying resource during the course. You may wish to take a paper and pen with you to make notes of your own.
- If your course is practical (An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement, Analysing your Coaching, Multi Skill Club Inclusion, Multi Skill Club Induction and Multi Skill Clubs in practice) you will be required to wear suitable clothing to allow you to take part in activities if necessary.
When will I receive my certificate?
- If you have completed a Sports Coach UK course, your certificate will be sent to the address you provided during the course within eight weeks of completing the course.
- If you have attended a St.Johns Ambulance course, Tyne and Wear Sport will send your certificate to you in the post.
- Please note that certificates will not be distributed unless payment for the course has been received. If you have not received your Emergency First Aid certificate please check that you have paid for your place on the course before contacting Tyne & Wear Sport.
What happens if I lose my certificate?
- If you lose your certificate or you do not receive your certificate within the time frames mentioned above, you will need to contact the course provider using the details below. Please note that the reissuing of a certificate will have a cost attached to it.
- Sports Coach UK: 0845 601 3054
- Emergency First Aid: For certificates from St. Johns Ambulance please contact Tyne and Wear Sport on 0191 4972327
What happens if I can't attend?
- To request cancellation of a place/s on a course please contact Tyne and Wear Sport on 0191 497 2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cancellation requests must be received at least five working days before commencement of the course.
- We are not able to offer refunds or transfers for late cancellations, except for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the organisers.